Week twenty-two Vocabulary
February 8- February 12, 2010
Your spelling and vocabulary test will be on Friday, February 12, 2010 . You will be responsible for knowing how to spell each word correctly and the definition for each word.
1. Behavioral characteristic- something an organism does.
2. inherited trait- a characteristic that is passed from parent to offspring.
3. Instinct- a behavior that an animal inherits from its parents
4. physical characteristic-how an organism looks
5. heredity- the passing of characteristics from parents to offspring.
6. offspring- new organisms that come from parent organisms
7. carnivore- an animal that eats other animals
8. herbivore-an animal that eats only plants or plant products.
9. Omnivore- an animal that eats both plants and animals